“But who do you say that I am?” (Mathew 16:15).
THIS is Jesus’ word for us today. What is your answer? Who is Jesus for you?
Let us learn from St. Peter. He responds quickly and exclaims that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus then confers on Peter authority to govern the church, Jesus would build, a church that no powers would overcome (Mathew 16:18).
Based on this word, we can understand that St. Peter, then, describes the church as a spiritual house with each of us as a member joined together as living stones (1 Peter 2:5).
Thus surely, faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord, the Son of the living God makes us joined together as spiritual stones. In this context, I believe that through Perpetual Adoration of the Eucharist, no powers would overcome us!
Let’s pray: Lord Jesus Christ, I believe in you. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. In You, no powers would overcome me. Yes, You are my Lord and my Savior. Make me stronger in faith as St. Peter’s, then I grow in the knowledge of Your love through Perpetual Adoration of the Eucharist, now and forever. Amen.
Artikel lain yang banyak dibaca:
- Rabu, 12 Desember 2018 Hari Biasa Pekan II Adven
- Bacaan dan Renungan Kamis 13 Desember 2018|PW S. Lusia, Perawan dan Martir
- Bacaan dan Renungan Rabu, 12 Desember 2018|PF S. Yohana Fransiska de Chantal, Biarawati
- Bacaan dan Renungan Selasa, 11 Desember 2018|PF S. Damasus I.
- Bacaan dan Renungan Senin 10 Desember 2018